miércoles, 8 de diciembre de 2010

The Placebo Effect

The placebo effect for me is a way to completely full the subject.  In my opinion when you give a placebo to the subject, the brain has a reaction because it is fooled and it reacts as if it really received the medicine.  So in my opinion when you receive a real medicine your body does a big part, so this may mean that most medicines have no real effect.  This again shows the strength of the human body.  The problem with placebos is that with the minimum disagreement with the medicine and the placebo effect will not occur, because the brain will not be fooled and will not let go the chemicals that make the chemical reaction that will make you feel better.  I also think that if the medicine companies would put four or six placebos in the bottle of pills and nobody would notice it because you are expecting to receive the real medicine, and when you expect it, and do not even imagine that placebos could be in the bottle but it will always make you feel better if your body can handle the sickness that is tormenting you in that precise moment.  If they told me to take a pill and I feel that it did not work I would only think that the medicine did not had effect on me, but I would never guess that I took a placebo.  The placebo effect is real but, at the same time is an illusion because it occurs but it doesn’t occur.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario